Wednesday, February 28, 2018

14 February 2018 - Westchester

No dancing on the 7th as the weather was more than atrocious, it was dangerous.

So I did those dances this week.

They were:

Mrs Stewart's Jig  -  (32 J 3)  -  Bk 35
A Summer Meeting  -  (32 S 3/3L)  - Bk 48
Bohemian Reflections  -  (32 R 3)  -  Bk 51
The Pawling Mermaid - (32 J 3)  - Price
The 50th Parallel  -  (32 R 5)  - Zobel & Johnstone
The Cranberry Tart  -  (32 J 3)  -  Glasspool

__**__**__***__***__**__***__***__**__**__

Mrs Stewart's Jig:- Done a lot, for good reason. It was an instant classic.

A Summer Meeting:- A nice dance. But OMG the work needed to put the brakes on the dancers in the reels. So many have no clue where half way is and so totally over shoot when rounding the ends. (bad words, many bad words)!

Bohemian Reflections:- One of the best of Book 51. But, if you need a dance with a circle, look no further. Got plenty here.

The Pawling Mermaid:-  I started out looking to do something simple and fun but it just kept growing. I think I kept it simple and I hope I found just enough edge to keep it fun. I like the Back-to-Back halfway into a sharp cast.

The 50th Parallel:-  I saw the video. I fell in love. Others seem to like it too, and the stepping up sequence/timing is being handled. Three thumbs up for this one. Not on a program yet but I an definitely short listing it for the 2019 K&G Tea Dance. Counts as a Winter Special.

The Cranberry Tart:-  We do it a lot and it is still fun!

No comments: