Tuesday, March 13, 2018

28 February 2018 – Westchester

Even closer to the date, so ball prep!! Yay :-(

I taught these dances:

The Wind Dragon  -  (32 R 3)  -  I. Boyd
Twinbairn's Reel  -  (32 J 2)  -  Drewry
A Great Day for Dancing  -  (40 R 3)  - Ruby Celebration
City of Belfast  -  (32 S 3 set)  -  Bk 48/6

Anna Holden's Strathspey  -  (32 S 2)  -  Drewry
The Snake Pass  -  (32 J 3)  - Churnside

ººº  ºº  º  ºº  ººº  ººº  ºº  º  ºº ººº  ººº  ºº  º  ºº  ººº

The Wind Dragon:-  Another dance that I have had on my bookshelf for 30+ years and this is the first time I have really looked at it and taught it.  For experienced dancers a nice wee starter of a dance. Another dance to add to my "quick and dirty" card file to pull out when needed.

A Great Day for Dancing:-  Written for the 40th (Ruby) Anniversary of the New Haven Branch and our first teachers Peter and Sue Day. I have no diffuiculty with the dance, but I am a dance monster with all that that implies. So is Leslie and she wrote the dance. I must say that when a dance comes in four colour separateion of dance tracks that it is worth taking a second look and consider the situation.

I have heard comments that the dance doesn't work. This from only a couple of people and not from the majority who would usually notice something like that. But as I have said I have no problem dancing it, but as I also said I am a dance monster. I will have to revisit it and study it to see if the second half reel really is a reel.

The Snake Pass:- Ok, it is a dance. It works (it was good enough to publish). But if I were to have to rank it by value of Redeeming Social Importance I wouldn't give it a high mark. I prefer the double snake passes in Iain Boyd's "The Lords of the Wind". Hands down.

No comments: